We love to help pick out the perfect machine for our customers. Come visit us and we'll help you decide.
Included with your purchase at Asheville Cotton Co.:
- Six FREE 2-hour Machine Mastery classes that may be taken any time, in any order, and as many times as you like. (Sorry, Machine Mastery Classes are not available otherwise.) See Machine Mastery Classes here.
- Discounts on Baby Lock branded items during Machine Mastery classes
- Discounts throughout the store
- One-year Labor Warranty on-site at Asheville Cotton Co.
- FREE First-year Clean, Oil and Adjust Service on your purchase anniversary
- In-store and on-phone help from an experienced team
Special In-Store Pricing Guaranteed!
Financing is always available. Please check here for options.
In-Store purchase and pickup includes send-home service, where we make sure you know how to wind a bobbin, thread the machine, do cleaning and maintenance, and get started sewing right away.
Baby Lock Destiny II
The Destiny II takes sewing and embroidery to a whole new level. There is a camera built into the machine that can show your stitches and embroidery right on the screen, which is as big as most computer tablets! This is really handy especially when doing embroidery and working on precision stitch placement. The Destiny II has all the features of the Unity, including laser Guide Beam for precise sewing lines, and a laser Sensor Pen to tell your machine exactly where you want your needle and stitches positioned. You can use the pen to designate stitch width, placement, and a stopping point on your fabric for straight or decorative stitches. The laser Guide Beam paves your stitching path with a beam of light. The Guide Beam makes continuous stitching easy to keep straight. You can line up the Guide Beam with the edge of the fabric for a 1/4" seam, or line it up any other way you want.
The Destiny II also comes with the Digital Dual-Feed system. The Digital Dual-Feed is like having a Walking Foot on steroids. It has a conveyor-belt type roller that feeds multiple layers of fabric through when quilting or making garments with difficult fabrics.
The Destiny II includes a setting that makes free-motion quilting very smooth and not jumpy at all. In addition, one of the feet used for this is very tiny, making it easier to see where you're going when you do free-motion. The advanced pivoting setting is really nice when you're trying to do machine applique or quilting. You can set it so that when you stop sewing with the needle down, the presser foot automatically comes up so that you can pivot.
You'll love the upper AND lower case alphabets for making quilt and garment labels or crafting. The larger decorative stitches are especially nice for quilting borders and sashings.
The Destiny has a lot of features in embroidery that are not available in the machines below it. The embroidery field is a huge 9.5" x 14", which works well for garment and quilting designs. The large screen means that you can see your embroidery designs very clearly. As in the Unity, you can use the included Sensor Pen to place and rotate embroidery designs, or use the built in Camera and Positioning Stickers for even easier placement! You just put the little "snowman" shaped sticker where you want the design and let the scanner do the rest. It will rotate and set the design in the exact location where you need it. If you want to check it to see what it's going to look like, just use the camera to take a picture of what's in the hoop, and then see it on the screen with the embroidery. Super cool!
Now for the really cool part. Would you like to create your own designs? Use the included IQ Designer scanner to scan artwork and turn it into an embroidery design. Really! You can also use many pre-designed shapes and fills to create your own allover embroidered fabric, or even create automatic freemotion stippling around a quilt design. Why we love the Baby Lock Destiny II:
(Highlighted items indicate features that are upgrades from the previous model. There are many more features than this on the Destiny II! It has all the best features of the previous models as well.)
- Huge 10.1" Diagonal LCD Screen
- Plays informative Help Videos on the huge LCD Screen
- Large 11-1/4" Throat
- Improved Stadium Lighting
- Patented "Nevermiss" Needle Threader
- Improved Freemotion Capability
- Advanced Pivoting Feature
- Comes with Digital Dual Feed
- Built-In Camera shows you exactly what's happening under the needle in sewing mode
- Laser Guide Beam provides a guide for perfectly straight sewing
- Sensor Pen adjusts width of stitch, needle position and ending point of stitch on fabric
- Sideways Motion Stitches and 7mm Stitch Width
- Upper and Lower Case Alphabets for making quilt or garment labels, crafting
- Free-Hand System (Knee Lift)
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Automatic Tension
- Long-term memory function to keep favorite stitch combinations (or name)
- Embroidery Function with huge 9.5" x 14" Embroidery Field
- Sensor Pen technology in embroidery enable precise design placement, including position and rotation
- IQ Designer Scanner Technology to design your own embroidery designs
- Shapes and Fills to create your own embroidery designs, including stippling
- Rotate, merge, color sort, group embroidery designs and more all on screen
- Resize up to 200% or down to 60% of the original design with automatic density
- Positioning Stickers make it even easier to place embroidery designs perfectly
- Built-In Camera shows you exactly what's happening under the needle in embroidery mode
- Built-In Camera takes a picture of what's in your hoop so you can see exactly where your design will be in relation to what's already in the hoop
16 Presser Feet Included:
Four Hoops Included:
- Digital Dual Feed
- Couching Sole for Digital Dual Feed
- 1/4" Foot with Guide
- Zig Zag Foot
- Blind Stitch Foot
- Buttonhole Foot
- Overcasting Foot
- Monogramming Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Button Sew-on Foot
- Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Free Motion Echo Quilting Foot
- Open Free Motion Quilting Foot
- Straight Stitch Foot
- Vertical Stitch Alignment Foot
- Embroidery Foot with LED Pointer
Good to Know:
- 9.5" x 14"
- 8" x 12"
- 5" x 7"
- 4" x 4"
Other machines to consider:
- Ask us about new sewing furniture designed specifically for the Destiny II.
In addition to six FREE in-store classes, Baby Lock has many online classes available. Here is a sample class: Cleaning Your Baby Lock
View the Baby Lock Destiny II brochure